Sunday, October 24, 2010

It is Well - The Richardson Family & Me ;-)

I'm a little emotional today (many of my closest friends will tell you that's not too different than any other b/c I am sappy)
I was opening up the photos from a great family session I had with the Richardson's.  I've had the pleasure of photographing this family before - I photographed Amy & Bryan's engagement, their wedding, their baby girl, Reese, when she was a newby and Amy has done several portrait parties with me.
There's a reason why us photographers schedule sessions later in the day b/c the natural light is simply gorgeous.  Right before sunset, the day produces a mystical, dream-like image through that lens that makes photographers sit and stare at what pops up when culling their work.


I was swept away at how beautiful these shots were.  The light, the bubbles, the kids, & seeing how happy Amy & Bryan are.
So why am I so emotional?  The hubby & kids went away to my sister's for the weekend.  I stayed home so I could get a mountain of work done (see prior posts).  NOTE - if I skipped out going to visit my sister/BFF, some work HAD to be done people!  After sitting at the computer and staring at all the great, happy images, it makes me miss them so much.  Well, Sara Grove's "It is Well" song started playing from my iTunes just as these images opened and it was a sweet moment.  Sara sings like an angel - lifting my heart with every note.  It made me so happy for Amy & Bryan and made me realize how everything is well for them and how, on a personal evaluation of my own life, it is with MY soul.  How wonderful God is to me, covering me with so many blessings that I don't even feel I deserve.

"My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!  
My sin, not in part, but the whole, 
is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more.  
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!"

I can't wait until they get home - I'm gonna give Morgan & Ret some "mommy, you're hugging me too tight" squeezes and gonna latch on to Robert and never let go.

I had to do something special for Amy & Bryan - I just know they are gonna like love their photos.  Check out their special video.  It seems that a perfect world does exist in that 3 minutes and 27 seconds.

My prayer for them and all of you is that: 

"Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come, 
let your [this] blest assurance control, 
that Christ has regarded your [my] helpless estate, 
and have shed his own blood for your [my] soul"

Amen.

1 comment:

Blog Archive

Followers