Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Day Zeke was Born

I mentioned in an earlier post that my nephew was born last week.  Today marks 1 week since he entered this world.  1 week ago I witnessed the most amazing thing I've ever seen and will never forget - the birth of a child.  God truly is an artist, His creations are nothing less than a masterpiece.

I have a beautiful family including a beautiful sister-in-law.  I mean, just take a look at her maternity session
I had mentioned to my sister-in-law, Stephanie, during her pregnancy (and after she & her husband moved back to South Carolina from California) that I wanted to be in the delivery room to document the day.  Not necessarily help her birth the baby, but there to capture the exact moment he took his first little breath of air and used his vocal cords for the first time. 

I arrived at the hospital around 9:30am and Steph had already been induced, received her epidural and was sitting comfortably in her hospital bed.  The doctor had guesstimated that we would have a baby around 4pm so we had a while.  Other family members arrived to help us wait....I filed Steph's nails (anything to pass the time).  Around 11:30am - Steph had dilated to 5 so Daddy-to-Be and I went to grab a bite to eat because the doctor assured us we had plenty of time before Zeke would make his debut.  One hour later, we were back in the room when Steph's doctor came back to check her progress and all I heard was "You ready to have this baby?"  

And by God's grace, Zeke was born on October 28, 2010, at 12:40 p.m.  It was incredible and I sobbed happily for close to 1 hour - I was so overwhelmed with emotion, I'm surprised I could even get the shots I did.  And Steph....she was amazing!  It was nothing like what I see on t.v. with her screaming and glistening with sweat - she was so quiet, relaxed and in control - she's my hero!!

Today, he's 1 week old and enjoying life with his mommy, daddy and big sister.  So glad he's here, so glad he's healthy, and so glad I was there - It was such a honor to be in that delivery room with them - I truly am blessed.  Here's a VIDEO of that glorious day.

I'm willing to bet that I'll be posting some pics within a week to show off his his newborn session...I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. I am truly humbled by that video! I know Stephanie and Dennis will be forever grateful to have had you there that day, to document and record this most precious moment(s). It was like I was in the room ... very touching.

    ReplyDelete

Followers