Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Counting My Blessings

If you are a friend of mine on facebook or keep up with the fan page on facebook, you know that I had a bit of a crisis today.  I was scheduled for two shoots today (1) Newborn & (2) Family.  I was packing my things, grabbed my camera and a memory card, popped my memory card in my camera and something wasn't right.  My camera would not detect the card.  CRISIS!  I contacted Nikon.  My camera is on its way to the Nikon Service Center in New York as I type this post.
I'm considering my crisis just a blessing in disguise.  There's a saying that "God doesn't give you more than you can handle"  AMEN TO THAT!   I'm pretty sure that my prior plan of having this week free was supposed to stay that way and this morning was just another example of why I need to slow down!

I took full advantage of my day "off".  I got caught up on my editing (YAY ME!), designed Christmas cards for some clients, replied to emails, returned phone calls, folded laundry, cooked dinner and thought about my plan for Black Friday shopping ;-)

Thanksgiving is just a couple of days away and I'm sure we all have the same problem of countless blessings.  There's just not enough time in the day sometimes to do everything we want to do or everything we think we have to do.  So today I'm thankful for the time I was given to do what I did with the time I had.  I'm also thankful for 2 of the people that are at the top of "My Blessings" list and that my camera held on until today so that I could get some pictures of them last Sunday.

Yep, these are my two...my inspirations....my blessings.


Ret....my handsome, soon to be 7 year old.


Morgan...my beautiful, mature 9 year old.



Sorry kids....those gummy smiles come straight from your momma :-))

Several of these will be displayed as beautiful canvases on my wall....I can't wait!

Click HERE to see the rest of our session and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

2 comments:

  1. I could hardly see the photos through the tears ... you just made my entire day!
    They are blessings to me (us) too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a great photographer! You do a great job of catching the "moment".

    I love the picture of your children in the fields---when Thurman gets to be 5 I will remember this shot and want one of my own.

    ReplyDelete

Followers