Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Smith's

I have a feeling that there are gonna be some great family sessions making their way to the blog in the next month.  Fall has arrived and Christmas is just around the corner.  It will be 2013 before we all know it!
I wanted to share some images from The Smith's family session and a story of what happened literally minutes before the first snap.  I was ready to start shooting - had my 70-200mm lens aimed, pressed the shutter button for a test shot... {crickets chirping}.  I looked at it like it had just told me a bad joke, pressed the shutter button again....Nothing. Happened.   I played it off with my "oh I wanted to use my 85mm anyway" attitude while trying to figure out in my head what was going on.  I was seriously on the verge of crying.  That lens is my work-horse, I depend an awful lot on it.  [Fast Forward 3 days later] Robert and I were just about ready to ship it off to have it repaired because something was wrong with it, something major...obviously.  One last resort to figure it out and save myself a huge shipping charge.  The thought of being without my 70-200 was killing me.  GOOGLE IT.  [Summary]  I found a video on YouTube that showed me how to safely clean my lens - like Q-tips and rubbing alcohol to clean the contacts kinda clean.  Well, not me, Robert.  He did a phenomenal job and the 70-200 is back in business.  Woo-hoo!  Moral of the story:  Clean your lenses.
[Rewind 3 days before]  So, I'm pretty pleased with how well I did with shooting a family session with my 85mm.  Yay Me!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers