Friday, November 4, 2011

Kaylee: 2012 Senior Session {Sneak Peek}

Seniors have an extra something special about them.  They show up for their senior session with me so confident & mature.  I think it's because they take pride in their accomplishments...and rightfully so.  They did it!  They have went from kindergarten to 12th grade and have had so many teachers, books, notes, tests, relationships, picture days, school lunches, friends, year books, lockers, dates, parties, field trips & pencils than you can shake a stick at.  Seniors=Success.   Here's another success story...

Kaylee is a senior this year and OWNED her session with me.  She's a beautiful girl that has a great attitude, a fabulous smile and can give you a serious model stare in a snap.  I'm a sucker for curls (b/c I have stick straight hair) & so I was envying Kaylee's hair. 
Another tid-bit about me:  I'm a curious gal so I ask a lot of questions.  I asked Kaylee if she'd had curly hair since she was a little girl and was taken back at what was involved with the answer.
Five years ago, Kaylee was diagnosed with leukemia and received wavier curls after losing most of her hair during treatment.  WOW!  Definitely a senior with a success story!









Kaylee, I can't imagine what it was like for you receiving the news that you had leukemia at only 12-13 years old.  I'm sure you learn quickly that you are stronger than you think you are.  You have to be if you want to survive.  I admire you, your fight and your success!  Your story has made me realize once again how precious my kids are and how I sometimes neglect the time I have with them.  You are an inspiration to me & I am sure that you have that same impression on your peers.  God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers